Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13

Insides! Interior work! We got the dash piece covered in fiberglass. It fills the gap between the top of the new dash and the top of where the original dash was located. I know, all of you auto purists are shaking your heads at the horror of us taking the original Apache dash out.

 All of my years stretching canvas and framing pieces for embroidery helped out today. I stretched the fleece over the dash frame Cowboy made and he and minions coated it in resin and fiberglass. I came back out for the final smoothing over the frame since this falls into the category of "fiddly" things.

I also started cutting out the seat back pieces. They're a nod to the old Captain America shield and the boy seemed excited when I had him check out what it's going to look like.

 

 
Pinning on the fleece before it's stretched on the frame.


Stretching the fleece over the frame.

 
Finished and ready for fiberglass.

 
Minions working for ice cream. They like the goopy jobs.
 
 
Seat backs. (I LOVE THESE!) They would have been sewn tonight, but the pattern took longer than I thought. And I had to help with the fiberglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment