Wednesday, October 10, 2012

October 10

Sometimes it's hard to not let what we do in our 9 to 5 jobs bleed over into car restoration. Sometimes we just have to stop and say, "Hey, that's good enough. Remember it's a restoration, not a show car or a trailer queen."
I'm having one of those times. Sewing the door panels and getting them reattached has been challenging and sticky. I'm typing this now with glue covered fingers. Not that I don't like a challenge, I do. What I don't like is it not being quite as perfect as I'd like it.
That's where I am with the door panels. They look good enough, but if it was for a show car, I would be pulling them off the panels and resewing them. Don't get me wrong, they look good, they really do and so much better than before. But there will always be that perfectionist with her one cocked eyebrow and tilted head saying, "Oh. I guess those look okay."

 
Cowboy installing the panel on the driver's side.

 
Panel on the passenger side.

No comments:

Post a Comment