Monday, October 8, 2012

October 8

Today was one of those government holidays most people have to work. Not me. In another stroke of luck, the kids were in school as well. So I spent most of the day in the garage working on the car. I finished the trunk carpeting, sewed the back arm rest panels, and sanded the bottom dash panel. I also added foam to the dash where it was cut back just a shade too far. We're trying expandable foam as the filler for the edges and it seems like it's going to work.

Cowboy installed the new door locks, screwed the console arm rest down and painted the bottom dash panel. He also installed it and assisted me in gluing the new arm rest panels on. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle the back door panels and try recovering the dash again. That will probably take a good portion of this week.

 
Second round of foam drying. We are if nothing else, inventive in our problem solving.

 
Passenger side arm rest done.



Driver's side arm rest. I know, the top is wrinkled. We'll all pretend it's fine and
you won't mention it when you see me in person.


Lower dash panel painted and installed. You can't tell it used to be a good 6
 inches longer. It will look enen better after I get the top covered, again.

 
Trunk capret installed. It needs a good vacuum, but we'll do that after everything
 is done. Cowboy reinstalled the sub woofer and amp.

No comments:

Post a Comment